Friday, December 1, 2017

Day 7! The Carolina plains and THE BEACH!


The night before was crazy. While riding with Piper a rainstorm was brewing and we were right on the edge of it. We finished the days miles but could not get the campsite up in time. It poured! We stayed in a small motel. I like showers and being dry.

This morning led me back to the quiet road I had been on. Finley was excited to ride so we let him loose.






As I said in the first video, the day was going to be a bit shorter with about 75 miles remaining. My legs were doing pretty well. The longest ride that I had been a part of was 5 days so adding about 160 miles in 2 days was all new territory for me.





This part of the road reminded me of Minnesota!




As a cyclist the small dump trucks (seen in the background) are terrible. They always drive so fast and seem to get way to close and they always have gravel flying off them.

 Made it to Wilmington!



The last 18 miles was pretty incredible. Wilmington is incredible. Lots and lots of cars though.


Obviously not the greatest video but I was trying to drive responsibly, get up a hill and basically survive all at the same time. I survived!

Then it happened!



What a way to end a bike trip! The beach and the Atlantic Ocean was absolutely beautiful! The bike part of the trip was complete. At this point we had raised about $3500 towards our $12,000 goal and the mulla would keep rolling in over the next couple of weeks. This last several posts have been so much about scenery and biking but all this is done for a purpose. Riding for the Center in Santiago, Dominican Republic.


No comments:

Post a Comment